Steve State

Friday, October 15, 2004

Peter Kay, Barnsley and Albert Einstein

Was thinking about the over usuage of the word 'genius' today. Seems to be used by students a lot. Indeed, I may have contributed to the phenomenon when I was studying. From where I am sitting I can see a Peter Kay live video (the Blackpool one). On the spine it says 'Genius!'. I like Peter Kay a lot and I have a lot of time for him. I went to see him in 1998 in Barnsley at the Fealty and Firkin pub, upstairs in the function room. About 15 people there. I was with this horrendous girl Neeki. She was a real Manchester girl. She was the only one who would come. Her phone went off in the middle of the show and Peter Kay picked it up and started speaking to her boyfriend. He was great and I went to see him the next year when he played downstairs to a bigger audience. He went down brilliantly and me and my mate Adam met him after the show - he was really nice as was his girlfriend. He is not, however, a genius. I think it's agreed universally that Einstein was one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home