Steve State

Friday, July 30, 2004

Another great Hitchens interview:

"Why did you feel it necessary to comprehensively so debunk Michael Moore's film?"

Hitchens:
It's nice of you to say I debunked it. It is, in my opinion, a lie in
itself.It purports to say we are at war with Islamic Jihadism, not because of
Islamic Jihadism but because of private dealings by the Bush family.In other
words, there is nothing to worry about, there is no clash, there is no crisis,
there is no terrorism - except American terrorism. Within that there are about - one very good reviewer's counted 56 or so individual falsifications, I could mention some of them myself if you like.And then the third reason is this - I'll make it as plain as I can - Michael Moore has said openly and repeatedly that he is on the other side in this war, that he regards what he calls the Iraqi resistance as the 'just' side in the battle.He thinks that they are the equivalent of the American revolutionary fighters of 1776 and that they will win which, I will conclude by saying, makes it a bit much for him to gather up for his own purposes the tears and the grief of American widows and mothers whose sons have been killed by people who he openly proclaims his kinship with.

,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home