Steve State

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Teenage Reprobates

I'm so drained I can barely type. The day started badly with my over-reaction to the bowl of sugar being left open on the kitchen work surface. I placed the lid back on to the container and then somehow thought it wise to smash the lid with my fist. As a consequence, the sugar went everywhere, including the kitchen floor. Its a strange moment when you realise you may have issues with your temper.

Having said that, my temper was justifiably boiling. Got back from the studio late last night and noticed lots of youths milling around accross the street. Rich-kid was still enjoying his new found freedom and expressing this joy through the medium of the house party. Fine, music wasn't too loud, fell asleep. Woke at 0200hrs to hear a brawl in the middle of the street. From what I could make out, these teenage reprobates were going to chuck eggs at some of the houses. One of them chucked one at his mate and thus a fight ensued. Thought i was going to explode with anger. Listening to a bunch of spoiled rich-kid teenagers with already-formed student accents trying to cool things down with immodest and false maturity is not one of my favourite ways of passing the time. And it certainly isn't at 2 in the morning. In true English fashion, even though I heard the whole building stirring from the noise, no one, including me of course, did anything. We endured like only the Brits can. Went on for half an hour. Couldn't sleep afterwards. Beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home