Steve State

Saturday, July 31, 2004

An extract from my own The Night Sighed With Relief:

"With me was my friend Will, my partner in crime, fighting our semi-permanent coporate existence. His humour is of the kind fairly prominent in those from Yorkshire. Will's brand is particularly venomous and yet considered and intelligent. I seem to be telling him every day that he needs put his thoughts to good use: for the benefit of all. I see him writing a comic in the same way Harvey Pekar did with Amercan Splendour. Biting, sensitive, alienated social commentary. He listens, seems interested and most certainly flattered by my responses to his innovative one-liners. However, he refuses or is unwilling or at least lacking in motivation to write his thoughts down daily in some sort of journal. I guess I am resigned to enjoying his company with the nagging feeling that every word should be documented. Isn't that what everyone says about their friends?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home