Steve State

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

An English book is a blank book...

Monday 27 July 2004

"The fact that for a long time cubism has not been understood and that even today there are people who cannot see anything in it, means nothing. I do not read English, and an English book is a blank book to me. This does not mean that the English language does not exist, and why should I blame anyone but myself if I cannot understand what I know nothing about?"

- Picasso

Been reading a book on Picasso - fascinating... Will the art world ever see such revolution again? I am yet to gain an authoritative voice on art. I have not studied it in any depth. I have no one to teach me. I must read and read. I have a book on Rodin to read as well as a general post-modern impressionism book. Time is hard to come by at the moment.

Recently realised that Lou Reed wrote several songs with a female name followed by the word 'says'. Candy, Caroline and someone else (on the Royal Tenembaums). The first too are sublime. Will have to check out some interviews on the net to see if has expressed a rationale for this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home