Steve State

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I loves you, Porgy

Having exhausted my Larry Sanders and Saxondale and Anually Retentive videos and Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm DVDs I'm now moving on to my Spaced DVDs. Its below the aforementioned works of art but it's up there. Some really clever stuff going on there....Do you like?

Nearly finished my Murakami book. It's of another world which I don't usually dig and don't usually want to go anywhere near.....but I just let Murakami take me there and I'm always glad for it....

I watched Carlito's Way the other day. Much much better than Scarface which i thought was poor in many many ways...dated....sloppily cut...stilted dialogue.... Brian De Palma has a new film out which looks okay. Adaptation of James Ellroy novel.

Went to see A Scanner Darkly last night (hence late night at studio). Was ace if a little confusing and hard to get involved with on an emotional level. I love Winona Ryder.
Saw a trailer for a film about the world coming to an end due to women not being able to have babies anymore. Got Michael Caine and Clive Owen in it. Sounds terrible but looked really good...

Apart from that the only thing I've been doing is getting overwhelmed by YouTube. It can only get better (and more overwhelming). Go to Moistworks and look at this post. As Rusted Willy says, the jazz alphabet runs right from A to U.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home