Steve State

Friday, June 17, 2005

American Music Club: Myopic Books

I only own Mercury but the songs of Mark Eitzel do have enchanting qualities. I saw American Music Club at Bar Academy in Birmingham in the Winter 04/05 and they were excellent. Here are some line from Myopic Books:

Iwas just hoping for a bookstore
Like the one I prayed for
And the music they play there would be Dinosaur Jr
And the people who worked there
Would be super skinny and super unfriendly
And that would make me happy...
... But its ok
I'll find a bookstore
And buy Saul Bellow
And one about old ruins
For my mother...
...I left my room one evening
The sun had just gone down
But the sky still shining
And not even the stars up in heaven
Could throw their ashes
On the blue still burning over this ugly city
And that makes me happy

,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home