Steve State

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Poem: Depths

I am wary of my feelings right now
I am wary
I don't want them to let me down
Like they've let me down before
Like they've shown themselves too truly
Too raw
Too bare
Too soon
These days of late
Opening up to show myself
Showing myself for who I am
Beneath the skin
Depths unseen, unknown, unheard
By you
Seen, known, heard
By few
But how would we progress as a species
If we can't show ourselves to be more than animals?
If we can't get to the truth, to the bones, to the source
Where would that leave us all?
Like Hopper, like Carvaggio, like Al Green, like Coltrane
And like Dylan, like Murakami, like Miles Davis, like Paine
I want to show you my depths, my reality and my being, me
ME
But I am wary...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home